200 words for Snow

Home Forums Poker (and other stuff) 200 words for Snow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ace 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ace
    Participant

It’s been said that Eskimos have 200 words for snow. Well, I probably don’t know anything about any of that. If you were to ask me, I’d chance it’s likely to be a whole heap of baloney. But if my calculations are correct, it’s about time we (the English) took it upon ourselves to invent 200 or more words for rain. Given the time of year, and the amount of precipitation (that’s another word for rain) in England it probably rains just as much, if not even more than it snows wherever Eskimos come from, right?

I’ll probably win some sort of prize for literature, or some kind of Nobel Peace Prize for my efforts. Apart from general chit chat, the weather is high up on the list of talked subjects when there’s little else to talk about (see Fig.1) I should imagine if there were really more words for snow, Bjork would have had a Christmas number 1 by now. But never mind about any of that, I’m seeing to it that we top that and actually do have 200 words for rain. Don’t thank me all at once.

Fig.1

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  ace.

ace
    Participant

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.